Saturday, 6 April 2013

Investment as at 7 Apr 2013

From one of my posts that I will sell LVS when it hit 55, I'm wondering whether it's the hope that it will reach higher or my own procrastination. Well, I try to sleep before midnight...

There are probably two things that may have caused the LVS price to drop. One is the lawsuit brought by a Hong Kong businessman who says that the casino run by billionaire Sheldon Adelson woes him for obtaining a license to operate in Macau. The other is the H9N7 bird flu in China.

I didn't see these two coming and was hoping LVS will ride higher to break the 52-week high of 62. It kept dropping last week and I hope it does not drop below 50. I will load again when it is 20% below my buy price. I'm thinking whether it makes sense to sell half of my holding and keep the other half. When it drops below a certain value, I can use the other half to buy back at a cheaper price. When it goes above a certain value, I can sell the other half to gain back some profits. However, every transaction, I will need to pay a minimum fee of 20 dollars.

Golden Agri:
I'm keeping, though the price was dropping for the last week. The CPO price is relatively weak but I'm keeping it till I break-even.

Maybe I should have sold one lot (which I bought at 1.51) to lock in the profit when Olam was at 1.75. But I was thinking that that may not help much. 

The dividend is set at 0.05 per share. AGM will be on 26 Apr and shareholders will vote to approve this. So, probably the ex-div date will be in middle of May. So, in May, I will receive $500 for my investment. If after ex-div, the price is still above my buy price, I will sell the stock and move to other counters.

Saw the price went to 0.645, I was thinking of buying but I wanted to conserve my funds.

Not an indication to buy or sell.

Investment as at 7 Apr 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment