Sunday 17 February 2013

Investment for retirement

Since my first blog SG My Life Is Good, I have wanted to start a blog on my investment journey and experience.

I read a book, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. It mentioned that there are three ways to gain financial freedom. There are:
  • Own a business
  • Investing in stocks
  • Investing in real estate
At this moment, I do not own a business and still thinking of a business proposal or venture. Thus, the next way is to invest in stocks.

I have two properties which I intend to rent one out when it is completed in end 2014. The rental will be able to cover the monthly instalment plus maintenance fee. The excess will then be invested or put aside towards paying off the loan earlier.

I plan to pay off the loan in 15 years' time. If I'm still working then, I will re-invest the monthly rental into real estate or stocks. However, this monthly rental is for either me or my wife's retirement. So, I will need to look into another way for my own's retirement - by investing in high dividend stocks.

I'm now 39 years old and I'm working towards financial freedom in 10 years' time... so if I don't make it then, I will have another 10 years to work harder to achieve my goal...

I will update in my blog the stocks that I have invested. However, this is not an indication for you to buy or sell. This blog is just for information only. I will not be responsible for any loss arising from the content of my blog. Trade with care, invest and not speculate.

No comments:

Post a Comment